This Raw vegan burger, is easy to make and super delicious! My husband who is not a vegan loved it. It doesn’t take too long in the dehydrator and they store well in the fridge!
- 1 cup soaked brazil nuts
- 1 cup soaked pumpkin seeds
- 1/4 cup ground flax seeds
- 1.5-2 cups chopped portobello mushrooms (or any kind you like)
- 1 red pepper
- 1 celery stalk
- 2 carrots
- 1 small red onion
- 3 garlic cloves
- 2 tbsp. tamari
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 tbsp. mixed dried herbs (basil, oregano or thyme)
- 2 tbsp fresh cilantro
- 2 tbsp fresh parsley
- 2 tbsp. tahini or sunflower seed butter
- 1 tbsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp cayenne
- 1/2 tsp chilli flakes
- In a bowl mix together mushrooms with the tamari and olive oil, set aside.
- In a food processor pulse the brazil nuts and pumpkin seeds until they have a crumbly texture. Put in a bowl and set aside.
- Add all of the remaining ingredients in the food processor and pulse until well combined.
- Add the nuts to the ingredients in the food processor and mix well.
- Form patties using 1/2 cup measure. shape into burgers.
- Put them on a dehydrator try lined with a non-stick liner (don't worry if you don't have one, it's not mandatory)
- Dehydrate for 2 hours on 115.
- Flip the burgers onto a non-lined tray and dehydrate for 2 more hours.
- Serve and enjoy!