To me day 3 is always the most difficult. No matter what type of detox I do, once I make past the 3rd day it’s pretty much smooth sailing from there. This where many will give up because signs and symptoms of detoxifying is too much for them to bear. Sometimes people don’t expect to have any symptoms and think something is wrong.
I’m gonna go over the most common signs and symptoms or side effects if you will of a detox.
- Extreme exhaustion (fatigue); this is normal as your body is working hard to eliminate toxins and rest is very important.
- Pimples or skin rashes; toxins making there way out of your body via the skin. As you progress your skin will become clear
- Gastric upset ;depending on what kind of detox you are doing you can have constipation or diarrhea or a combination of the two. Bloating and flatulence (lots of it)
- Severe headaches mostly in the first 3 days after that it should subside.
- Chills and sweating
- Muscle aches and cramps
- Brain fog; as you are depleting your body of calories and carbs which your brain needs, you my forget your children’s names for a few days 🙂 LOL but don’t worry you will recover as the detox progresses.
- Food cravings; everything is gonna smell gooood, even things that are not there, you will smell pumpkin pancakes and chocolate chip cookies in the air when all you are doing is boiling water for tea! For me after the 3rd day I have no cravings and have to make myself eat or drink because I don’t have much of an appetite.
Everyone is different.
Detoxing is very person specific. Please don’t compare yourself to anyone else during the detox or in life! Your signs and symptoms will vary and will greatly depend on how toxic you are (the more toxic the worse the symptoms). Take into consideration increased body fat increases symptoms as excess body fat is extremely toxic. Eat on schedule this will help. Never go more than 3 or 4 hours without a meal. The other thing that is EXTREMELY IMPORTANT, is drink your WATER! If you know me I’m always saying this. But during the detox it’s even more important. As the toxins accumulate in your body they will be excreted via your colon, kidneys and skin. If you are NOT drinking enough water that means those toxins have no where to go and will accumulate in your bloodstream make you sick. Now even if you are not detoxing and you are not drinking your water you will be sick. Drink at least 1/2 your body weight in oz of water or more.! Listen to your body, if you have to modify or stop the detox don’t feel bad. You can always start again!
If you like this post please like and share. Let me know how your detox is going by commenting below or leave any questions you may have there!
If you are ready to Reign in Health and Fitness, lower your blood pressure, cholesterol, blood sugar and get rid of those excess pounds find out the 10 keys that I utilized to lose over 80 pounds and keep it off because not yesterday, not tomorrow but right NOW is YOUR time to Reign in Health and Fitness! Click Here to find out more
Shelita Williams, Registered Nurse, Certified Fitness Trainer, helps aspiring and established women entrepreneurs who struggle with achieving their health and fitness goals, to lose weight, increase energy, boost confidence and establish brand integrity so that they are poised, fit and motivated to start, manage and grow their business! Sign up for your free eCourse and Reign in Health and Fitness updates!