1. When is the best time to drink lemon water? Upon rising, your body has been in a natural state of fasting all night or all day if you work midnights. Drinking lemon water will help to jump start your metabolism and digestive system. Also drink lemon water 30 minutes before each meal this will enhance the nutritional absorption, increase digestion and energy derived from your meal.
2. How much lemon water should I drink? If you are over 150 pounds 1 lemon total a day if you are under 150 pounds ½ lemon will do. Increase your consumption gradually because lemons have high detoxification qualities and its symptoms.
3. Should I drink lemon water hot or cold? Neither. Room temperature is best, or lukewarm. Anything over 105-110 degrees will kill any live enzymes.
4. Why can’t I just eat the lemons? Occasionally it’s ok to eat the lemons but keep in mind the acid erodes tooth enamel and too much undiluted lemon juice maybe taxing on your digestion.
5. Can I buy lemon juice from the store? Use fresh lemons only. Organic are best. Lemon juice from the store has been pasteurized and therefore the enzymes have been killed. Also some lemon juices have additives that can be harmful and toxic defeating the purpose entirely.
6. How often should I drink lemon water? Once a day in the morning is good. Twice a day is excellent! See what works best for you. For me I don’t like the taste of lemons in my water so I drink 2 glasses a day ½ lemon in am and ½ before lunch or dinner. Like any other juice freshly squeezed is best, but if you want to put the lemon in your water for the entire you can do that just try to drink it with within 12 hours as each hour passes the enzymes die. It usually takes Play around with it and see how you feel. I didn’t know the things I’m telling you so I just jumped right into drinking the 1 lemon a day, and my face started breaking out and I had all the symptoms of detox, headaches etc. Then I realized it was a bit too much for me so I dialed it back a bit and everything was fine. I know can have the entire lemon with minimal detox effect the good ones! Now I don’t write these articles because I don’t have anything else to do. I have a daughter and several businesses to run. I write them for you! So take some action try it out for 7 days and give me some feedback (how can I improve) and share the Reign! Love you! 🙂
7. Can I add sugar? As I was writing this post and telling my friend about it, he asked me this question so I thought I would add it because maybe you wanted to know as well. NO!!! Sugar is a toxin. You can add Stevia if you are like me and can’t stand the taste. Of course just plain lemon water would be best!
Shelita Williams, Registered Nurse, Certified Fitness Trainer, helps aspiring and established women entrepreneurs who struggle with achieving their health and fitness goals, to lose weight, increase energy, boost confidence and establish brand integrity so that they are poised, fit and motivated to start, manage and grow their business! Sign up for your free eCourse and Reign in Health and Fitness updates!