1. When is the best time to drink lemon water? Upon rising, your body has been in a natural state of fasting all night or all day if you work midnight’s. Drinking lemon water will help to jump start your metabolism and digestive system. Also drink lemon water 30 minutes before each meal this will enhance the nutritional absorption, increase digestion and energy derived from your meal.
2. How much lemon water should I drink? If you are over 150 pounds 1 lemon total a day if you are under 150 pounds ½ lemon will do. Increase your consumption gradually because lemons have high detoxification qualities and its symptoms will be more noticeable if you are new to detoxing .
3. Should I drink lemon water hot or cold? Neither. Room temperature is best, or lukewarm. Anything over 105-110 degrees will kill any live enzymes.
4. Why can’t I just eat the lemons? Occasionally it’s okay to eat the lemons but keep in mind the acid erodes tooth enamel and too much undiluted lemon juice maybe taxing on your digestion.
5. Can I buy lemon juice from the store? Use fresh lemons only. Organic are best. Lemon juice from the store has been pasteurized and therefore the enzymes have been killed. Also some lemon juices have additives that can be harmful and toxic defeating the purpose entirely.
6. How often should I drink lemon water? Once a day in the morning is good. Twice a day is excellent! See what works best for you. For me I don’t like the taste of lemons in my water so I drink 2 glasses a day ½ lemon in am and ½ before lunch or dinner. Like any other juice freshly squeezed is best, as each hour passes the enzymes die. Play around with it and see how you feel. I didn’t know the things I’m telling you so I just jumped right into drinking the 1 lemon a day, and my face started breaking out and I had all the symptoms of detox, headaches etc. Then I realized it was a bit too much for me so I dialed it back a bit and everything was fine. I now can have the entire lemon with minimal detox effect!
7. Can I add sugar? As I was writing this post and telling my friend about it, she asked me this question so I thought I would add it because maybe you wanted to know as well. NO!!! Sugar is a toxin. You can add natural sweeteners if you are like me and can’t stand the taste. Of course just plain lemon water would be best! Since initially writing this article I have learned to like the taste so I don’t add anything to the lemon water!
Ready to have more energy to work on your business, to spend more quality time with your family and doing the things you love? Ready to shed those unwanted pounds so you can look and feel your best? Now is the time! Get started today by downloading your FREE 3 Day Detox Meal Plan! Shelita Williams, Registered Nurse, Certified Fitness Trainer, helps aspiring and established women entrepreneurs who struggle with achieving their health and fitness goals, to lose weight, increase energy, boost confidence and establish brand integrity so that they are poised, fit and motivated to start, manage and grow their business!