Detoxing our bodies has never been more important. With all of the sicknesses increasing and the exposure to toxins at its highest, detoxing is not optional if we want to be healthy. African Americans and Hispanics have the highest rate of death from cancer than any other race. Even though we make up only 13% of the population, if we get cancer, we are more likely to die from the disease than non-Hispanic whites according to the American Cancer Society. So let’s keep our cells clean and nourished and get rid of the toxic build up that’s going on in our lives and bodies!
1. Lemon water with the peel in the morning. The juice has citric acid and the skin has essential oils that are good for digestion and nausea. Zest it put it right in the water or put it in a tea filter to get the oils without actually consuming the zest. I’ve written 2 blog posts on the benefits of lemon water and 7 things you need to know before drinking lemon water. Lemon water detoxifies the liver by helping liquefying bile and helping the liver to produce detoxifying enzymes. Check out those blogs posts to learn more.
Lemon peels also have a lot of benefits; they contain 9% of the daily value of vitamin C. Lemon peels are high in antioxidants like D-limonene which has been linked to reduce heart disease and type 2 diabetes. Lemon peel also has antimicrobial and antifungal properties. Lemon peel helps to boost the immune system due to its flavonoid and vitamin C content.
2. Detox water: Strawberries have vitamin A and C which helps to neutralize toxins and also flush them out of our bodies, cucumbers are hydrating and they are anti-inflammatory, lemon zest, and lemons, mint and ginger are great for digestion and are high in anti-oxidants so they can scavenge those free radicals, mint chlorophyll deodorizes our bodies and is high in anti-oxidants and activated charcoal which acts like a sponge in our bodies pulling toxins out. Let it infuse for 4-5 hours or overnight
3. Increase fiber intake: Women need 25 grams and men need 30-38 grams. Fiber moves through our digestive system getting waste from our bodies, they is we want to get it out so constipation is not good. Fruits and vegetables, grains, beans and legumes and nuts and seeds.
4. Leafy greens. There are certain foods that can actually detox certain organs, so cruciferous vegetables like kale, broccoli, Brussels sprouts they can actually cleanse our liver for up to 2 weeks after we eat them, beets and basil helps to detox the blood, spinach, chard, ground flax helps detox the colon, ACV has something called acetic acid that helps to chelate heavy metals from our bodies, helps to alkalize your body and is good for digestion.
5. Detox your skin and lymph nodes with dry skin brushing. Our skin is our largest organ and largest elimination organ. Go towards the heart, it helps to improve circulation, it helps to exfoliate our skin, it helps to remove toxins and flush it out, it also helps to reduce the appearance of cellulite. Click here to grab this amazing skin brushing package!
6. Lymphatic system exercises, jump up and down… it doesn’t have a pumping system, it takes as little as 2 minutes to get things moving and flushed out of your system. You want to move your body for 30 minutes 4-6 times a week.
7. Get more sleep. Sleep is an important part of detoxification. When we don’t sleep enough our immune systems don’t work as well as they should this leaves us open to health problems and mood issues 7-9 you already know how much sleeps makes you feel good!
8. Deep breathing. Deep Breathing helps to detoxify the body. Our bodies are designed to release 70 percent of its toxins through breathing. Carbon dioxide is a natural toxic waste that comes from the body’s metabolic processes and it needs to be expelled from the body regularly and consistently.
Detoxing doesn’t have to be difficult, if we apply these simple ways we can get started right now! If you know you need to detox your body on a cellular level you should try my favorite detox tea! I’ve been drinking it for several years every day and it has changed my life! I no longer have to take harsh stool softeners things for constipation. If you have IBS, want to get rid of the pork that’s can stay years through the trichinosis worm. Click Here to order.