What is a weight loss plateau?
When you stop losing weight or don’t see results after you have been consistently working on a health and fitness plan. Plateaus happen to us all, it is very common so don’t freak out let’s just see what needs to be tweaked so you can get back to seeing results for all of your hard work!
What are the causes of a Weight Loss Plateau?
- You have been doing the same workout for several months now. Repetition
is good for learning but it’s not good for a long term health and fitness plan.
- You are working out too much and not taking in enough calories.
- You are not working out hard enough; you are not challenging yourself enough.
What can you do to break a weight loss plateau?
In the beginning of any weight loss plan you will lose the bulk of your weight in the shortest amount of time. This is mainly because you will lose a lot of water weight and the less aerobically fit you are the faster you will see results. You find that in the beginning you didn’t have to count calories, or really workout to hard. Now that you have hit a plateau your body is telling you something needs to change.
- Change your workouts, change the intensity change the repetitions.
- Make sure if you have increased your workouts you are getting enough calories especially if you are strength training. For example you can only get away with eating only 1200 calories for a limited time (1-2 weeks at most if at all) if you are exercising on a consistent basis.
- Increase your workout intensity. Make sure you invest in a heart rate monitor and are exercising in your THR, Target Heart Rate.
What ever you do, don’t give up and go back to your old ways, it’s easy to get discouraged if you don’t see results. Remember this is a lifestyle journey not a 12 week diet plan! Be patient, stay consistent and bust through those plateaus to Reign in Health and Fitness!
If you are ready to Reign in Health and Fitness, lower your blood pressure, cholesterol, blood sugar and get rid of those excess pounds find out the 10 keys that I utilized to lose over 80 pounds and keep it off because not yesterday, not tomorrow but right NOW is YOUR time to Reign in Health and Fitness! Click Here to find out more
Shelita Williams, Registered Nurse, Certified Fitness Trainer, helps aspiring and established women entrepreneurs who struggle with achieving their health and fitness goals, to lose weight, increase energy, boost confidence and establish brand integrity so that they are poised, fit and motivated to start, manage and grow their business! Sign up for your free eCourse and Reign in Health and Fitness updates![/content_box_red]