Let’s face it with the world we live in today, toxins are a part of everyday life, There are environmental toxins, toxins from foods, toxins from medications, and toxins that are produced by your body because of a negative mental state! Yep. Here is what you can do to reduce your exposure to them! This excerpt is taken from my new book “The RIL Truth about Detoxing” it features 21 healthy nutrient dense detox salads, 21 detox soups and 21 detox juices and smoothie recipes.
What Detoxing is not: Starving yourself on non-nutritive dense diets that backfire only to go back to eating highly toxic foods. It’s not a get out of sickness free card. Detoxing is actually a lifestyle and the recipes in this book are packed with nutrition but low in calories to help you detox and lose weight without compromising your health!
Every day we are surround by poisonous toxins that affect our mind and body. It’s important to realize that toxins can be found internally as well as externally. Internal toxins such as bad bacteria and yeast create toxins right inside your body. Infections, fever, stress, anxiety and negative thinking also create toxins inside of your body. External toxins include pollution, cigarette smoke, pesticides, chemicals and preservatives found in processed foods even in fruits and vegetables.
Top 5 Toxins!
1. Food: The more processed a food is the more toxic it is. Processed foods are full of chemicals, additives that can alter hormones, damage your digestive system, create allergies, cravings and weight gain to say the least.
But it’s not just processed foods even the perimeter isles where we get our fruits and veggies are full of pesticides. Over one billion pounds of pesticides are used on food in the US alone. This is the main reason that I’m learning to grow my own food. It’s impossible to have health without eating toxic free foods!
Pesticides have been linked to symptoms ranging from muscle cramps, heart rate changes, and irritability to emotional instability which I like to call “Diet Induced Depression.”
To reduce your exposure to food toxins: Chose whole foods instead of processed foods, choose organic fruits and vegetables and yet even better, learn to grow your own food!
2. Water: Tap water is teeming with toxins. The Environmental Working group found 140 contaminants in tap water. Even prescription drugs have been found in tap water ranging from antibiotics to cancer treatment drugs.
Many bottled waters have been shown to be just as harmful as tap water, including the toxins that leach from the plastic bottles themselves.
To reduce your exposure to water toxins: consider getting a water filter at home and be mindful of the type of bottled water you are drinking! Spring water is the best type of water to drink just make sure its spring water!
3. Environmental Toxins: Toxins in your home, made from the materials your house was built with, products you use to clean your home. Pollution from manufacturing cars, cigarette smoke, chemical plants etc.
To reduce your environmental toxins: Consider where you live, rural areas have less toxins in the air and soil. Try and use natural health cleaning products such as my RIL All Purpose Cleaner.
Avoid smoking and being around people who do. Be mindful of the paints, carpets and additions you are putting in your house. Living in an environment friendly house would be amazing but work with what you have and don’t increase the toxins by what you bring into the house.
4. Beauty and personal care products: The everyday products we use for hygiene and beauty may be full to toxins, things ranging from toothpaste, lotion, soap, perfumes makeup shampoo and conditioner. This is the main reason why I started making my own health and beauty products for my family.
To reduce your exposure to toxins in beauty and personal care products: Read ingredient labels on your personal care products. Anything you put on your skin is absorbed into your body. Order some non-toxic beauty products from me!
Some important ingredients to avoid in your beauty and personal care products are: sodium laurel sulfate, sodium laureth sulfate, triclosan (found in antibacterial products), Parabens (Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, p-Propylparaben, Isobutylparaben, n-Butylparaben and Benzylparaben), mineral oil, petroleum, Diethanolamine DEA, Cocamide DEA, Lauramide DEA, alpha and beta hydroxy acids, talc, lanolin and phthalates.
5. Stress and negative thinking: The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) estimates that up to 90% of all illness and disease is due to stress. Stress can kill the good bacteria any yeast that live in your intestines and keep your immunity and digestive health strong. I am a living testament to how stress can damage your health and cause high cholesterol even when you don’t have a diet high in cholesterol.
Stress can kill folks and it’s time we pay a bit more attention to the things and people that are causing our stress and do something about it! I was nearly bed ridden for 6 months all because of stress, and I finally had enough and changed my entire life!
As the good bacteria and yeast die off, the bad bacteria and yeast are able to take over. Body Ecology teaches that this creates an imbalanced inner ecosystem, which can set the stage for illness and dis-ease.
To reduce your exposure to toxins from stress and negative thinking: Devout some time to your emotional health. Learn relaxation and deep breathing techniques. Eliminate the stressors that you can, learn how to get a good night’s sleep. Learn how to become organized and know our limits and learn how to say “no”. Have a regular scheduled bible study time and find scriptures that address your present situation meditate on them an DO THEM!
Ready to have more energy to work on your business, to spend more quality time with your family and doing the things you love? Ready to shed those unwanted pounds so you can look and feel your best? Now is the time! Get started today by downloading your FREE 3 Day Detox Meal Plan! Shelita Williams, Registered Nurse, Certified Fitness Trainer, helps aspiring and established women entrepreneurs who struggle with achieving their health and fitness goals, to lose weight, increase energy, boost confidence and establish brand integrity so that they are poised, fit and motivated to start, manage and grow their business!