Yields 4-6 pancakes
1 ¼ cups spelt or kamut flour (I mixed both in this recipe)
2 Tbs. organic coconut sugar or date sugar
1 ½ tsp. baking powder
1 ½ tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. ground cinnamon
½ tsp sea salt
1 to 1 ¼ cup coconut
1/3 cup water
- In a large mixing bowl, sift together the flour sugar, baking soda, cinnamon and salt.
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk together the nut milk and water.
- Slowly add the wet ingredients into the bowl containing the dry ingredients, stirring constantly until you reach your desired consistency. I make these with spelt flour alone or mix with the kamut. I find the kamut flour alone makes them a litter to thin, but the batter is nice and light
- In a large skillet over medium heat, warm the oil. Laddle the batter to form your desires sized pancakes.
- Flip when you see the bubbles. Repeat until the batter is gone! You can also store the dry mix in the fridge so you can have them handy whenever you want to make fast, healthy vegan pancakes!