This is one of the easiest things to make vegan chili, and it tastes like you spent hours in the kitchen vegan and meat lovers will adore these recipes and you can add your own twist! The Cornbread is a on the spicy side but still has a great flavor!
3 tablespoons vegetable oil
2 medium yellow onions, diced
1 medium red bell pepper, medium dice
6 garlic cloves, finely chopped or 3 tablespoon minced
¼ cup chili powder
1 tablespoon ground cumin
2 bags of your favorite ground veggie (I used Gardein)
1 ½ teaspoons of salt
1 (28 ounce) can of diced tomatoes
2 (15 ounce) cans of kidney beans
- Heat the oil in a large pan over medium heat. Add the onions and bell pepper. Cook until soft
- Add the garlic, chili powder, cumin and salt and cook about 1 minute.
- Add the ground veggie, diced tomatoes, tomato sauce and beans.
- Cover and cook on simmer for 30 minutes.
Notes: instead of ground veggie, you can use sweet potatoes, black beans, butter nut squash, mushrooms. You can also cook this in a crock pot.
Jalapeno Cornbread Muffins
1 ½ cups yellow cornmeal
½ cups plus 1 tablespoon flour
¼ cup sugar
1 ½ teaspoon baking powder
1 ¼ teaspoon salt
2/3 cup corn kernels, (thawed if using frozen)
¼ cup coarsely chopped pickled jalapenos
1 ½ cup vegan milk
2 Flax eggs (2 tablespoons flax meal + 6 tablespoons warm water)
¼ cup avocado oil
- Heat oven to 425 F and prep muffin pain, set aside
- Mix cornmeal, ½ cup of the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt in a large bowl and whisk to combine. Add the milk, oil, flax eggs and combine.
- In a separate bowl mix the corn and jalapenos with 1 tablespoon of flour then add to the batter.
- Divide the batter among the prepped muffin pan and back until golden brown around the edges about 15-17 minutes. If you use spelt flour like I do it may take a few minutes longer.