Vegan Pecan Shortbread Cookies
If you like Pecan Sandies you’ll love my vegan take on them. These vegan pecan shortbread cookies are a staple in my house, one of my husband’s favorites. They are crisp and buttery with a mild sweetness and are super-duper easy to make!
1 cup vegan butter (I used earth balance)
½ cup + 2 tbsp. cane sugar
2 ¼ cups flour (I use spelt, and sometimes mix it with kamut)
1 cup chopped pecans
1 teaspoon vanilla flavor
1 teaspoon almond flavor
1 pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 350 F
- In large mixer bowl or food processor, beat together butter and sugar until creamy
- Add vanilla and almond flavor, mix well
- Add flour and salt, give it a few pulses then add pecans and a few more pulses
- Roll dough into balls and place on cookie sheet that has been lined with parchment paper
- Use the bottom of a glass jar to press the cookies down.
- Bake for 15-20 min until lightly browned on the bottom.